Areas of Expertise
Prior to being called to the bar, Michael was a Director of a renowned specialist Family Law firm in Sydney and frequently appeared as solicitor advocate.
As a solicitor, Michael practised exclusively in family law, and attained specialist accreditation in Family Law in 2015.
Michael has joined Waratah Chambers as a Reader with Peter Batey.
Michael has practiced extensively, and has substantial experience in all aspects of family law; including:
- Complex parenting disputes involving issues such as relocation (intrastate, interstate and international); child abduction and recovery; alienation; mental illness; drugs and alcohol;
- Complex property disputes between married or de facto partners;
- Child support disputes;
- Spouse Maintenance disputes;
- Succession Act matters; and
- Apprehended Violence Order matters in the Local Court.
Michael accepts briefs to appear in the city, suburban and regional Family Law Courts and Federal Circuit Courts, Local Court and Legal Aid matters.